Our Response to COVID-19
The entire world has been shaken and changed as a result of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). COVID-19 has posed a profoundly serious public health crisis. As the world changes to appropriately respond to and adapt to this health crisis, A1 Allied Health Training Institute is also dedicated to taking all of the necessary precautions to ensure a change that will make sure all faculty, staff, students, and visitors are safe. We have put together our restart plan which outlines the procedures we will be implementing to do our part to stop the spread and flatten the curve.
A1 Allied Health Training Institute COVID-19 Response: Restart Plan
Symptoms common to COVID-19 include but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. These symptoms will be referred to as symptoms common to COVID-19 in the remainder of the Restart Plan.
- INFECTION CONTROL
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors will be screened for symptoms common to COVID-19 upon entry to facility and periodically when appropriate.
- Faculty, staff, students, or visitors who feel sick or exhibit symptoms common to COVID-19 will not be admitted into the facility and will be sent home immediately.
- All faculty, staff, students, and/or visitors who feel sick or exhibit symptoms common to COVID-19 and/or are sent home due to it must either self-quarantine for 14 days and exhibit no symptoms upon returning or they must test negative for COVID-19 and provide the results of their negative test upon arrival to the facility.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Social distancing will be enforced in classrooms, workstations, laboratories, clinical settings, and student seating areas throughout the school.
- Class sizes have been reduced; all desks are at least 6 feet apart where feasible.
- CLOTH FACE COVERINGS
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors are required to wear cloth face coverings except where doing so would inhibit the individual’s health.
- CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
- Top-to-bottom cleaning of the facility will be conducted daily. Classrooms and common areas will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Areas that are touched frequently will be periodically disinfected throughout the day.
- HAND HYGIENE
- Students and staff will be provided adequate break time to wash hands regularly.
- Adequate equipment and supplies for staff and students to wash and sanitize hands periodically with hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility will be provided
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Students and Staff will be given training and information regarding COVID-19 as well as proper protocols when dealing with the prevention or spread of the disease inside and outside of the facility.